As from 10 October 2018, the regulations on the organization and operation of the Foreign Language and Information Centers (the “Center”) have some remarkable changes as follows:
1. Supplementation the regulations on the naming of the Center
Accordingly, the name of the Center will include the phrase of “Trung tâm ngoại ngữ, tin học” + the proper name. The proper name of the Center must not be the same as the proper name of any other Center having been registered; it is prohibited to use any words and signs violating the historic tradition, culture, morals and fine habits and customs of the Vietnamese nation.
The Center has its transaction names in Vietnamese and English (or in another popular foreign language) with the same content.
2. Some conditions on appointing the Center’s Director and vice Director are amended as follows:
- To remove the requirements of the age of the Center’s Director and Vice Director.
- To supplement the case that the Center’s Director has graduated from a university and holds a foreign language certificate of at least at the 3rd level in the 6-level of the Vietnamese Standardized Test of Foreign Language Proficiency or equivalent for the foreign language field and has the Certificate in Information Technology Application under the Skill Standards for Information Technology or equivalent in information technology field.
- To remove the requirement of the number of years of minimum experience working in the foreign languages, information technology fields applicable to the Director.
3. Supplementing the requirements that foreign teachers who hold a college degree or higher, hold the foreign language certificate at the 5th level or higher in the 6-level of the Vietnamese Standardized Test of Foreign Language Proficiency or equivalent and the suitable certificate of training the foreign language are allowed to teach the foreign languages at the Center.
The above are some remarkable contents of Circular No. 21/2018/TT-BGDDT dated 24 August 2018 on the issuance of the regulations on organization and operation of the foreign language, information technology center. The circular is effective as from 10 October 2018 and replaces Circular No. 03/2011/TT-BGDDT dated 28 January 2011 providing the same contents.